A week after he declared victory in his ACLU-supported fight with high school administrators over his controversial yearbook photo, an Amador High senior apparently was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs.
Kenton Koos, 18, was arrested Saturday at 9:22 p.m. at the Bernal Community Park on Pleasanton Avenue, according to the Pleasanton Police Department.
Officers responded to the park, which was closed, and because someone reported smelling the odor of marijuana.
Amador Valley High School officials relented to Koos last week, agreeing to allow in the yearbook the submitted senior photo of him sporting a faux facial tattoo, nose ring and green hair.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California said the school's orginal ban on the senior portrait violated Koos' rights to free speech in the state's education code.
Koos, an independent-study student, said in an interview that the photo get-up is not his usual look and he "wanted to do something fun."
Koos' arraignment is scheduled for Monday at the Gale-Schenone Hall of Justice, Pleasanton, according to court records.
In other area police news:
Saturday, Dec. 8
- Domestic battery reported 10:37 p.m. on 7000 Johnson Drive.
- Vandalism logged 9:23 a.m. along 4900 Pleasanton Avenue.
- Warrant arrest of female made 8:23 a.m. on the 5100 block of Hopyard Road.
- Male arrested for suspected driving under the influence 1:15 a.m. on the 5400 block of Blackbird Drive.
- Male, 18, arrested 9:22 p.m. for suspected marijuana/hashish possession on the 7000 block of Pleasanton Avenue.
Friday, Dec. 7
- Vehicle reported stolen 12:16 p.m. on 4300 Rosewood Drive.
- Death investigated 5:42 p.m. along 300 Rose Avenue.
- Fraud thefts reported 3:35 p.m. on 4000 Nevis Street, and on 1700 Santa Rita Road at 4:33 p.m.
- DUI arrest of female 12:39 a.m. Valley Avenue at Blackbird Drive.
- Thefts: 6:49 p.m. on 4400 Hacienda Drive; 5:31 p.m. on 5000 Hopyard Road.
- Drug "take-back" program sued.
Thursday, Dec. 6
- Vehicle reported stolen 12:28 p.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue.
- Deaths investigated 7:44 a.m. along 2700 Willowren Way, 3:22 p.m. on the 3400 block of Stacey Court.
- Warrant arrest of male, 9:37 p.m. along 3200 Flemington Court.
- Thefts: 3:17 p.m. on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard; 12:21 p.m. on 4300 Foothill Road; 2:25 p.m. on 5900 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Fraud reported 9:25 a.m. on the 7500 block of Maywood Drive.
Wednesday Dec. 5
- Male arrested 7:16 p.m. for alleged domestic assault and damaging phone lines on the 4000 block of Vineyard Avenue.
- Female arrested 9:56 p.m. for domestic battery along 4400 Valley Avenue.
- Residential burglaries reported 10:22 a.m. and 11:13 a.m. along 3400 Andrews Drive.
- Bicycle theft on 3600 Andrews Drive logged 3:12 p.m.
- Car break-ins reported 11:29 a.m. on 4000 Page Court, and 9:45 a.m. on 800 Bonita Avenue.
- Female reported $2,400 fraud theft 1:18 p.m. on the 6700 block of Bernal Avenue.
- Warrant arrest 7:28 p.m. 4600 Denker Drive.
- Male arrested 10:46 p.m. for alleged possession and use of controlled substances on 3700 Hopyard Road.
- Missing person case filed 8:30 p.m. on the 4600 block of Balfour Road.
- Morning collision eastbound I-580; big-rig slides down mountainside.
- Thefts: 11:24 a.m. on 3700 Gettysburg Court; 6:19 p.m. on 1200 Stoneridge Mall Road.
Tuesday, Dec. 4
- Missing-person case filed midnight on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Graffiti/vandalism logged 4:44 p.m. on Holly Circle at Kamp Drive, and 11:08 a.m. 6200 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Assault reported 12:41 p.m. on the 400 block of Main Street.
- Car break-in 7:17 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road.
- Warrants served: 7:08 p.m. Owens Drive and West Las Positas Boulevard; 9:26 p.m. 3000 Bernal Avenue.
- Fraud reports filed: 12:41 p.m. along 5500 Springhouse Drive, and 10:07 a.m. on 4300 Valley Avenue.
Monday, Dec. 3
- Vehicle reported stolen, gold 1998 Saturn, 5:30 p.m. on 6100 Stoneridge Mall Road
- Vandalism/graffiti: 7:31 a.m. on 400 Adams Way; 8:42 a.m. on 7300 Johnson Drive; 12:34 p.m. on the 600 block of Junipero Street.
- Burglaries logged 8:12 a.m. on 3900 Stoneridge Drive, and along 4000 Payne Road 11:49 a.m., a residential break-in with jewelry taken.
- Car break-ins: 7:26 a.m. on 7500 Ivy Court; 7:18 a.m. on 7600 Canyon Meadows Circle.
- Thefts logged: 6:55 p.m. on 2300 Stoneridge Mall Road; 4:17 p.m. along 3000 Staples Ranch Drive.
- Male and female arrested for alleged theft and warrants 7:58 p.m. 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- DUI arrest, male, 9:44 p.m. on Tassajara Road at Dublin Boulevard.
- Former BART officer and wife dead in North Carolina suspected murder-suicide.
- Male arrested 11:18 p.m. on 4500 Rosewood Drive for suspected kidnapping, criminal threats, resisting police, possession of methamphetamines, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and metal knuckles.
- I-580 police chase 3:20 a.m.; CHP flips patrol car.
Sunday, Dec. 2
- Property destruction logged 3 p.m. on 3000 Tonapah Circle.
- Burglary reported 3:47 a.m. at Radio Shack, 4500 Rosewood Drive; five sets of headphones and $271 from the cash register listed missing.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrests 9:37 a.m. on West Las Positas Boulevard at Muirwood Drive, and 2:38 p.m. along 5500 West Las Positas.
- Warrant served to male 7:50 p.m. along 3800 Vineyard Avenue.
- Battery reported on the 3500 block of Touriga Drive 7:11 p.m.
- Male arrested for suspected assault 3:24 p.m. on the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive.