Today is MONDAY, June 20, 2011. Hope all you dads out there had a great day yesterday. From all accounts, this weekend's was extremely well-attended and we'll try to have the results from the contest for you later this week. Meanwhile, be advised that we are on a summer schedule meeting wise, and the only city panel to meet this week is the Park, Recreation, Marina and Cultural Commission, which gathers Tuesday. Let's take a look at the situation today:
- This evening you and your family can enjoy a magic show by at the . The show is free, but reservations are required. At the end of the performance, there will be a drawing for two free tickets to a Giants game.
- Tonight is the opening night for the Willows Theater production of , a play about a family's life in 1969, the year the Apollo 11 spaceship landed on the moon.
- Are your kids already bored and complaining that there's nothing to do? Perhaps you want to consider the city's series of camps for ages 6 to 11 that feature field trips and activities. The "base camp" is at 750 Allen St., but trips include sojourns to Chuck E. Cheese, the Jungle and the Martinez Marina.
- If you want your kids closer to home but still outside doing stuff, consider the city's offering of weekly for ages 4 to 11 at Nancy Boyd Park on Church Street. Each week features a new theme, and the activities are supervised and outside.
- And of course, if you're so inclined (and you should be), today the meets. A group will meet at 9 a.m. at Hidden Valley Park and walk various routes around the city. It's free and the walks are tailored to those who show up.