Today is TUESDAY, June 14, 2011. Sure it's summer, and the weather is great, but that doesn't mean the wheels of government grind to a halt. Quite the opposite, in fact. There is quite a bit going on, and we'll try and keep you abreast of it as it happens here at Patch. Meanwhile:
- Tomorrow night is a full moon, and that means it's time for a full moon walk on Mt. Wanda, sponsored by the National Park Service. This is a great way to see the wonder of where we live, from a perspective we don't often get. Bring the kids -- nighttime summer romping is a memory that can last a lifetime. For reservations, phone (925) 228-8860.
- Meanwhile, tonight the Martinez Planning Commission meets meets at 7 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers. The commission will discuss a proposal by T Mobile to install cellular anntenae on an existing electrical tower at Hidden Valley Park near Center Avenue.
- Tonight is the Spring Concert entitled by the Martinez Community Chorus. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Martinez Adult School.
- Also tonight, another musical event - a group of young musicians who play, sing and dance all at once. This concert is sponsored by the Willows Theater, and is taking place at the John Muir Amphitheater, 111 Tarantino Dr.
- Finally, if your little one is searching for just the right gift for dad on Father's Day, consider the at Michael's in Pleasant Hill this evening. For the cost of the mug, your child three and up can make a personalized mug just for dad.