Today is Tuesday, Feb. 15. Five Things is published every weekday. If you have something to submit, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Congratulations on surviving another Valentine's Day. Love, love, love. At least we hope that's what happened. Now that its over, you can get on with the rest of your stellar week.
- Tonight there is a regular Park, Recreation, Marina and Cultural Commission Meeting at City Hall at 7 p.m. The agenda includes discussion of a jog-a-thon, a congressional fund raiser (both at Waterfront Park), and public art at Main Street Plaza. The meeting sounds interesting. You should go.
- Mark your calendars. On Friday (yep, that would be Feb. 18), Martinez Patch is celebrating its debut in our fair city with a ribbon-cutting party at , from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. You're all invited and we really hope you'll be there to make merry with us. (This is a warm-up notice. You'll definitely hear more about this event later in the week.)
- Are you ready to get your game on? Anybody interested in playing softball in Martinez can get an information packet for spring and summer 2011. Spring games are played at Tavan Field and summer games are played at the Joe DiMaggio/Waterfront Ball Fields. Call City of Martinez Recreation Supervisor Patty Lorick at 925-372-3510 for more information.
- If you've got a baby or toddler, head to the today from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m for Mother Goose time. The get-together includes stories, songs, rhymes and crafts, which are not only fun for children, but help them get a head start on developing valuable reading skills and creativity.