.

Gas Leak Reported at Fountainhead Court Home

Leak occurred during PG&E maintenance and is now stopped. No other Martinez customers affected.

A gas leak was reported this morning at a home in Martinez where a PG&E worker was doing routine maintenance, a utility spokeswoman said.

The leak was reported at 9:43 a.m. at a home in the 100 block of Fountainhead Court in Martinez, PG&E spokeswoman Tamar Sarkissian said.

A PG&E employee had been doing routine scheduled work at the home and called for another crew to come out to assist because a corroded gas riser had snapped during the work, Sarkissian said.

A riser is a piece of equipment that comes out of the ground and connects the gas service line to the meter at the home, she said.

The home's resident was asked to evacuate until crews stopped the gas leak at 10:45 a.m., according to Sarkissian.

She said repairs to the line are expected to finish this afternoon.

No other PG&E customers were affected by the leak, she said.

Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. -- Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »